Bel 0800-0188
Gratis (en anoniem)
Chat met CSG
Gratis (en anoniem)

Do you need help?

Anyone can become a victim of a sexual assault, rape or online abuse. If you have recently had a non-consensual sexual experience, getting professional help may not be the first thing you think of. And yet, we advise you to call the Sexual Assault Center as soon as possible. Our team of doctors, nurses, police and care professionals will work with you to ensure that you get the care you need. We are here for you. You could be faced with a range of emotions, thoughts and physical responses.

Here, you can read more about what you can do and what you can expect after experiencing sexual violence.

On this page:

Help within seven days: how do I get in touch?

If you need immediate help, have any doubts or are plagued with questions, you can always call or chat with us for free. We are available 24/7 by phone. Call 112 if every second counts.

What is sexual violence?

Sexual violence is a term used for all sexual acts that someone is forced to do, undergo or see. It could be a sexual assault, rape, sexual abuse or online sexual violence. Sexual violence is also called sexual molestation or sexual coercion.

Frequently asked questions

Rape involves sexual penetration of the body without consent. It is when someone penetrates your mouth, vagina or anus with a penis, finger or object without consent. These all fall under rape.

Sexual assault means non-consensual sexual contact or being forced to touch someone else’s genitals.

Yes, certainly. Boys and men can also be victims of rape. See the Sexual Assault Centre Fact Sheet for Men.

Why 7 days?

If you seek help from the Sexual Assault Center within seven days, preferably within 72 hours, we can provide you with the best possible level of help. Within that period, you have the best chance of psychological recovery, preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases and of securing any evidence. Securing evidence increases the chances of finding the perpetrator.

What options for help do I have?

It is good to know that the help process does not follow a set pattern. Together with a professional at the Sexual Assault Centre, we look at what help you need, and you can choose the actions you want to undertake. 

  • Callchevron-upChevron up

    No matter how difficult it is, try and call the Sexual Assault Centre as soon as possible: 0800-0188. If you find that too hard, contact us via the  chat function.

  • Talk to professionals in your regionchevron-upChevron up

    We will connect you to a Sexual Assault Center professional near you, who you can talk to directly.

  • personal case manager chevron-upChevron up

    After visiting the Sexual Assault Center, we will assign you a personal case manager. Your case manager will ask you what you need, explain what you can expect in the days ahead and what you can do to recover the best you can. Your case manager will also monitor whether the appointments with the police and other care professionals are proceeding properly.

  • Contact with the policechevron-upChevron up

    The police (sexual assault unit) are part of the Sexual Assault Center, but we only get them involved if you want them to be. Contact with the police is voluntary. If you do want to go to the police, they will make an appointment with you at the police station as soon as possible. The police can explain what happens when you report the incident.

  • Securing evidencechevron-upChevron up

    A forensic examination increases the chances of finding and/or convicting the perpetrator.

  • See a doctor to prevent the contraction of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancychevron-upChevron up

    See a doctor to prevent the contraction of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. The Sexual Assault Center could advise you to see a doctor. A doctor can examine you, treat your wounds and prescribe medication against sexually transmitted diseases and/or pregnancy. The doctor or nurse will discuss and agree follow-up medical care with you.

  • Psychological helpchevron-upChevron up

    Your case manager will carefully monitor how you are doing in the first month. If your stress responses do not decrease after four weeks, you can get psychological help to help you process the experience. The care professional of psychologist can help you process what has happened.

  • Legal assistancechevron-upChevron up

    Victim Support Netherlands and a victim of crime lawyer can support you during your contact with the police and the judiciary. Your personal Sexual Assault Centre case manager can get in touch with them. You may be eligible for compensation from the Violent Offences Conpensation Fund



Psychologist Chantal

Chantal is a psychologist who specialises in treating victims of sexual assault.

Tips from Chantal

Tips from Paula


Doctor Paula

Paula treats people who have had a non-consensual sexual experience.


Police officer Tom

Tom specialises in sex offences. These are criminal offences related to sexual violence.

Tips from Tom